Board Appointments at the Singapore Land Authority
1. The Minister for Law has re-appointed the Chairman and Deputy Chairman, appointed one new member, and reappointed three members to the Board of the Singapore Land Authority (SLA).
2. Board Chairman, Mr Yeoh Oon Jin, will be reappointed for a term of two years commencing on 1 August 2022. He was formerly the Executive Chairman of PwC Singapore.
Re-appointed Deputy Chairman
3. Deputy Board Chairman, Mr Loh Lik Peng, will be reappointed for a term of two years commencing on 1 August 2022. He is currently Founder and Owner of Unlisted Collection.
4. The following new member will be appointed for a term of two years commencing on 1 August 2022:
- Mr Kenny Tan (Divisional Director, Manpower Planning & Policy, Ministry of Manpower)
5. The following members will be reappointed for a term of two years commencing on 1 August 2022:
- Ms Marina Chin (Joint Managing Partner, Tan Kok Quan Partnership)
- Mr Jerry Koh (Managing Partner, Allen & Gledhill)
- Mr Lim Soon Chong (Global Head, Digital & GTS Product Management, Institutional Banking Group, DBS Group Holdings)
6. The following member will complete his current term of office on 31 July 2022:
- Mr Ho Chee Pong (Director-General, Singapore Customs)
7. The Ministry of Law and SLA extend their appreciation to Mr Ho for his invaluable contributions to SLA during his terms of appointment.
8. The following members will continue to serve on the Board:
- Ms Angelene Chan (Chairman, DP Architects)
- Mr Cheung Pui Yuen (Chief Executive Officer, Deloitte Singapore)
- Ms Margaret Goh (former Group Managing Director, GuocoLand Singapore)
- Prof Koh Lian Pin (Director, Centre for Nature-based Climate Solutions)
- Mr Lien Choong Luen (General Manager, Gojek Singapore)
- Mr Colin Low (Chief Executive, SLA)
- Mr Calvin Phua (Deputy Secretary, Ministry of Law)
- Ms Angeline Poh (Chief Customer and Corporate Development Officer, Mediacorp)
- Mr Eric Sandosham (Founder & Partner, Red & White Consulting Partners LLP)
MINISTRY OF LAW
29 JULY 2022
Mr Yeoh Oon Jin was former Executive Chairman of PwC Singapore.
Mr Yeoh was Executive Chairman of PwC Singapore, and a member of the PwC Executive Board for the CaTSH firm, which comprises the PwC firms in Singapore, China, Hong Kong and Taiwan, before his retirement following a 38-year career with PwC.
He was a key member of the firm’s Leadership Team for more than 15 years, leading the firm through key growth milestones. His contributions include ramping up the firm’s corporate social responsibility agenda, strengthening the firm’s consulting capabilities, and championing its digital transformation journey.
Mr Yeoh currently serves as Council Vice-Chairman of the Singapore Business Federation and holds the position of the Audit Committee Chairman. He also serves on the board of the Singapore Exchange Limited, Singapore Airlines Limited and Trust Bank Singapore Limited and concurrently holds the position of Chairman of the respective board Audit Committees.
In addition, Mr Yeoh serves as a member of the Corporate Governance Advisory Committee set up by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and serves on the board of Singapore Health Services Pte Ltd and board of Governors for the Lien Foundation. He is a Fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
Mr Yeoh graduated with a First Class Honours (Accounting) from the University of Birmingham, England. He was a prize winner of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales professional exams.
Re-Appointed Deputy Chairman
Mr Loh Lik Peng is the Founder and Owner of Unlisted Collection.
Mr Loh runs the Unlisted Collection, an umbrella brand comprising seven boutique hotels and around thirty restaurants in Singapore, London, Dublin, Shanghai and Sydney.
He is a well-known hotelier, restaurateur, and entrepreneur. Prior to the Unlisted Collection, he was a corporate litigator, and an entrepreneur who has successfully set up various ventures across Singapore, Shanghai and London.
In 2004, the Singapore Tourism Board awarded Mr Loh with the “New Tourism Entrepreneur Award” for his work in transforming a simple shop house into Hotel 1929. He was once again awarded the “Tourism Entrepreneur of the Year” award at the Singapore Experience Awards 2011, the most prestigious awards platform in Singapore’s tourism industry.
Mr Loh is Chairman of SHATEC Institutes, The Peranakan Museum, Singapore Cruise Centre Pte Ltd, and the School of the Arts Singapore. He also serves as Board member of the National Heritage Board and as Board Advisor for the National Volunteer and Philanthropy Centre.
Mr Loh graduated with a Bachelor of Law from the University of Sheffield, England, and a Postgraduate at London School of Economics followed by Bar Exams in England and Wales.
Mr Kenny Tan is the Divisional Director of the Manpower Planning & Policy Division in the Ministry of Manpower. He is responsible for developing workforce policies and labour market programmes to secure better employment outcomes for Singaporeans
Prior to this appointment, Mr Tan held various positions in the public sector, including in the Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Finance and Singapore Police Force.
Mr Tan has a Bachelor of Arts (Jurisprudence) from the University of Oxford, and a Master of Science in Management for Experienced Leaders from the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Ms Marina Chin is a Senior Counsel and Joint Managing Partner of Tan Kok Quan Partnership, a Singapore-based law firm. She is the Co-head of its Disputes practice. As Senior Counsel, she is amongst an elite group of advocates appointed by a special committee of the Singapore Academy of Law.
Ms Chin has been an Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore since 1990. She has over 30 years of experience handling litigation and arbitration, having acted for and advised market participants on disputes and general business matters across a broad spectrum of industry sectors in Asia.
Ms Chin is a member of the Specialist Mediator Panel (Singapore) of the Singapore International Mediation Centre and Member of the Accreditation Committee (Accreditation Panel) of the Singapore Institute of Legal Education. She also serves as Member of the Appeal Advisory Panels under the Business Trusts Act, Financial Advisers Act, Insurance Act, Securities and Futures Act and Trust Companies Act, at the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Ms Chin graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) degree from the National University of Singapore.
Mr Jerry Koh is Managing Partner of Allen & Gledhill.
Mr Koh has been practising as a corporate lawyer since 1993. His main areas of practice include capital markets, M&A and investment funds. Mr Koh heads the firm’s REITs Practice and Investment Funds Practice, and is the leading authority on REITs and business trusts. Mr Koh also regularly advises on complex securitisation and structured finance transactions, and corporate governance.
Mr Koh has been cited as a leading practitioner in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia-Pacific, IFLR1000, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and Who’s Who Legal. He has also been recognised as a thought leader by Who’s Who Legal.
Mr Koh serves as director of The National Kidney Foundation (Singapore). He is also the Secretary of the REIT Association of Singapore and Council Member of the Nee Soon Town Council.
Mr Koh graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Master of Laws from the National University of Singapore. He also holds a Master of Arts from Bob Jones University.
Mr Lim Soon Chong is Group Head of Global Transaction Services, Institutional Banking Group, DBS. In his current capacity, Mr Lim is responsible for the Transaction Banking and Securities Services offerings of DBS.
Mr Lim has more than 25 years of financial sector experience with varied experiences in Wealth management, digital transformation, asset-liability management, bank capital management, prudential policy development and macroeconomic analysis. Mr Lim is also a member of the Board of Directors of Partior Pte Ltd and Singapore Trade Data Exchange Services Pte. Ltd.
Mr Lim graduated with a Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours, Second Div Upper) from the National University of Singapore.