- About SLA
- Join Us
- Contact Us
Rejuvenation of Chong Pang City
Chill @ Chong Pang – A One-Stop Venue for Community, Social and Leisure Activities
- The Government is pleased to announce that a new 0.9ha integrated development – “Chill @ Chong Pang” will be built at Chong Pang City. The Singapore Land Authority (SLA) will work together with the People’s Association (PA), National Environment Agency (NEA), and Sport Singapore (SportSG) to bring greater convenience and more interesting programmes to residents.
- Chong Pang City is the first neighbourhood centre in Yishun New Town and is about 40 years old. The current amenities and facilities at Chong Pang City are ageing and in need of rejuvenation.
- To continue serving the changing needs of the residents, the new integrated development will upgrade the existing amenities at Chong Pang City and provide new amenities. Residents can look forward to a new Chong Pang Community Club, a replacement market and hawker centre, as well as new facilities such as swimming pools, a gym, fitness studios, and commercial shops.
- When completed, the new integrated development will inject greater vibrancy into Chong Pang City. It will also be a new community node for residents and will make it more convenient for residents to participate in community, social and leisure activities all under one roof. In addition, there are plans for joint-agency programmes, which will promote active lifestyles and enhance interaction amongst residents of all ages and from all walks of life.
- Minister K. Shanmugam, Adviser to Nee Soon GRC grassroots organisations said, “Chong Pang Community Club has been in the same building since I became Grassroots Adviser 32 years ago. The Chong Pang Market and Food Centre was built in 1984. Many residents have been asking me when these facilities will be upgraded. I am excited to announce these upgrades today. The new integrated development will bring more vibrancy to Chong Pang City and give all Yishun residents more convenient recreation and lifestyle options.”
- Construction for the new integrated development is expected to commence in 2H2022 and be completed in 2027.
New Community Plaza after the Relocation of the Existing Chong Pang Market and Food Centre and Kiosks
- The Chong Pang Market and Food centre at Blocks 104 and 105, as well as three kiosks at Blocks 101A, 101B and 101C could opt to be relocated to the new integrated development when it is completed. Until then, operations will continue at their current site.
- NEA and HDB will work closely with the affected stallholders and kiosks’ tenants respectively on the relocation to minimise disruption to their business operations.
- Mr Steven Koh, a shop owner in Chong Pang City, and Chairman of Chong Pang City Merchant and Hawker’s Association, said, “I am glad that Chong Pang City is being given another major facelift. The new integrated development will bring more people to Chong Pang City.”
- To complement the new integrated development and further foster community bonding, in a subsequent phase of rejuvenation of Chong Pang City, the vacated site will be redeveloped into a community plaza by 2028.
- The new integrated development will be located at the sites currently occupied by Block 102 Yishun Avenue 5 and the Chong Pang Community Club. To facilitate this, Block 102, which is a 4-storey HDB commercial block, will be acquired.
- SLA has gazetted the acquisition of the affected land today. SLA will work closely with the affected shop owners and tenants, and assist them through the acquisition process.
 The existing Chong Pang Community Club was built in 1988.
 The existing Chong Pang Market and Food Centre was built in 1984 and was upgraded under the Hawker Centres Upgrading Programme (HUP) in 2003. There are currently a total of 179 stalls, comprising 56 cooked food stalls and 123 market stalls.
 Block 102 comprises 17 sold shops (1st floor) and 51 shops rented out by HDB. Part of the surface car park will also be affected.
The Singapore Land Authority
8 Sep 2020