Price Quality Tender for State Property at 26,28,30,32 & 36 Orchard Road
The Singapore Land Authority (SLA) will conduct the first-ever price and quality tender for the conserved State property at 26, 28, 30, 32 & 36 Orchard Road for commercial use. Awarding the tender based on a price and quality evaluation serves to support diversified and creative use of State properties and the introduction of new business concepts.
2. The property located along Orchard Road is well positioned and was gazetted for conservation in November 20001 due to its rich and diverse architectural style from ornate and decorative Classical features to simple Art Deco Style2. Built after World War I, this last remaining street-block of buildings along Orchard Road, differentiated by its unique facades framed by circular columns with Corinthian Capital3 form a valuable part of our heritage.
3. SLA will adopt the Price and Quality evaluation format to conduct the tender. With the Price and Quality Tender, bids for 26, 28, 30, 32 & 36 Orchard Road will be assessed more holistically, with 50% of the overall score for the bid price and 50% for the quality of the concept. The quality of the proposed concept will be a key consideration in determining the winning bid and the site may not be awarded to the operator that submits the highest bid price.
4. Yap Eai-Sy, Deputy Director of Business Planning and Development, SLA, said, “Strategically, the move towards price and quality tenders marks SLA’s progression as a dynamic master-planner for the interim use of State properties and land. Recognising the changing times and environmental needs, we hope to be able to provide an expanded range of use for State properties and to encourage greater entrepreneurship.”
5. “As the custodian of State properties, SLA strives to optimise their use while ensuring that heritage buildings are well preserved to benefit the community. The State property at Orchard Road which was gazetted for conservation represents an architectural gem and link to our nation’s rich history. By striking a balance between preservation and functionality, we aim to match the interim use needs of our stakeholders, while transforming spaces and rejuvenating architecturally and historically significant State properties” Ms Yap added.
6. The tender will open on 2 May 2017. Tenderers interested to develop and operate 26, 28, 30, 32 & 36 Orchard Road may access the following website for more information on the tender: SPIO (http://www.sla.gov.sg/spio).