Home > Articles > Press Releases > 2015 > Former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station to open on Good Friday > Annex B
1. Mr Tan Boon Khai, age 41, graduated from the University of Nottingham, United Kingdom in 1995 with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (First Class).
2. Mr Tan has held various appointments in the private sector. He joined CapitaLand Limited as Senior Vice President, Office of the President, in April 2010, where he was involved in business development, operations, formalisation and standardisation of business systems and processes within the CapitaLand Group.
3. In April 2011, Mr Tan was appointed as Regional General Manager (Singapore and Malaysia) for The Ascott Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CapitaLand Limited. Ascott is the world’s largest international serviced residence owner-operator with more than 38,000 units in 89 cities across 25 countries; operating under three award winning brands – Ascott, Citadines and Somerset.
4. As Regional General Manager (Singapore and Malaysia), Mr Tan was responsible for Ascott’s real estate business and hospitality operations in both Singapore and Malaysia, overseeing more than 10 properties with a total inventory of more than 1,500 units. He was also involved in CapitaLand’s project management of the two Temasek-Khazanah projects in Singapore (DUO) and Medini Malaysia (Afiniti).
5. Mr Tan joins SLA from CapitaLand Limited, where he has been Head, Group Procurement, since the beginning of the year.
6. Before joining the private sector, Mr Tan served as a Justice’s Law Clerk and Assistant Registrar of the Supreme Court, as well as District Judge in the then Subordinate Courts of Singapore. In 2006, he was seconded to the Ministry of Health as General Counsel and Company Secretary of Ministry of Health Holdings Pte Ltd. His last appointment in the Public Service was as Deputy Senior State Counsel / Deputy Public Prosecutor in the Attorney-General’s Chambers of Singapore. When he was District Judge in the former Subordinate Courts of Singapore, he also held concurrent appointments of Coroner and Deputy Registrar of the Subordinate Courts of Singapore, as well as Referee in the Small Claims Tribunal.
7. Mr Tan won the Singapore Armed Forces Sword of Honour while serving his National Service (Full-time). He is currently the Chief of Staff in an Infantry/Guards Brigade, holding the rank of LTC (NS).
8. Mr Tan sits on the Board of Alexandra Health System. He is married with three daughters.