- About SLA
- Join Us
- Contact Us
New DTL Bugis Station
For Broadcast (Radio, TV): 26 June, 6pm
For Print: Publication: 27 June
DTL Stage 1
1. The Downtown Line Stage 1 (DTL1) will run from Bugis Station on the East-West Line (EWL) to Chinatown Station on the North East Line (NEL). The six stations on DTL1 are Bugis, Promenade, Bayfront, Landmark, Cross Street and Chinatown. DTL 1 is scheduled to open in 2013.
2. Commuters will have more transport choices in the city as the DTL 1 will serve existing and upcoming developments in the Marina Bay area, including One Raffles Quay, The Sail @ Marina Bay, Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resorts and the Marina Bay Financial Centre.
New Bugis Station
3. The new Bugis Station is one of the six stations that make up the 4.3 km DTL 1. The new Bugis station for DTL 1 will be sited under Rochor Road and partly within the adjacent land to the west. Due to engineering constraints which cannot be avoided, the land currently occupied by the New Seventh Storey Hotel (NSSH) and part of the adjacent State land fronting Rochor Road, is required for the construction of the station box and the at-grade station structures, such as the station’s entrance and lift facility. The NSSH will have to be demolished to allow for the construction of the station. (Please see Annex 1 for the map of the new DTL Bugis Station and Annex 2 for the station’s artist’s impression)
4. To make way for the construction of the new Bugis station and to enable comprehensive redevelopment of the area, the Government will acquire the NSSH under the Land Acquisition Act (LAA).
5. The NSSH site will be amalgamated with the adjacent State land parcel at North Bridge Road / Tan Quee Lan Street / Beach Road / Rochor Road for future comprehensive redevelopment. The amalgamation of the NSSH site with the adjacent land parcel will allow for better integration of the Station and the at-grade structures with the future development in the area, and enable the planned pedestrian network and urban design plans for the area to be realised.
6. The land to
be acquired is gazetted today by the Singapore Land Authority (SLA).
Compensation pegged at market value will be awarded according to the provisions
of the Land Acquisition Act. The owner and occupants of the NSSH will have to
move out of the existing hotel site by the end of December
Tender of Contract
7. The contract for the construction of the new DTL Bugis station and tunnels from Beach Road to Queen Street will be tendered in early July 2008 for award in November 2008.
For enquiries, please contact:
For matters pertaining to DTL1 Bugis Station & construction:
Land Transport Authority: Penny Chua
Deputy Manager, Media Relations
Tel : 6396 1964 (DID) 9651 7055
Email : mailto:email@example.com
For matters pertaining to acquisition issues:
Singapore Land Authority: Margaret Chee
Assistant Manager, Corporate Communications
Tel : 6325 7180 (DID) 9692 2963 (Mobile)
Email : Margaret_chee@sla.gov.sg
For matters pertaining to landuse:
Urban Redevelopment Authority:
Senior Manager, Public Relations
Tel : 6321 8137 (DID) 9633 7443 (Mobile)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org