TENGAH AIR BASE TO BE EXPANDED TO FREE UP PAYA LEBAR AIR BASE FOR FUTURE DEVELOPMENT
Home > Articles > Highlights > 2017 > TENGAH AIR BASE TO BE EXPANDED TO FREE UP PAYA LEBAR AIR BASE FOR FUTURE DEVELOPMENT
1. As announced by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong at the 2013 National Day Rally, the relocation of PLAB will free up 800ha of prime land in the north-east region. The potential space that will be freed up is larger than the current Bishan or Ang Mo Kio town. It will provide for new residential homes, offices, factories and parks to make Singapore even more liveable and vibrant. In addition, the relocation of PLAB will remove height restrictions around Paya Lebar, and over an even bigger area stretching all the way down to Marina South, allowing for future taller developments in these areas.
2. To effect this relocation, the Government will have to expand Tengah Air Base (TAB). The expansion of TAB will entail the acquisition of several private land plots, the exhumation of graves and road re-alignment works. These are needed to accommodate some of the re-located assets and facilities from PLAB, and to ensure the RSAF’s operational readiness.
3. In developing this plan, the Government has considered all alternatives, taking into account our national defence and security needs, as well as the overall benefits of moving PLAB in the longer-term. Government agencies have, as far as possible, tried to minimise the impact of these works, and affected stakeholders will be given advance notice to make alternative arrangements.
4. Four plots of private land (occupied by two ornamental fish farms, one food fish farm, and a nursery), located immediately west of TAB, will need to be acquired for the expansion of TAB.
5. The Singapore Land Authority has gazetted the acquisition of the affected land today. SLA, AVA and NParks will work closely with the affected owners and assist them throughout the acquisition process.
6. The notification of the land affected by the acquisition has been published in the Gazette on 18 Jul 2017. The Gazette Notification No. 1884 dated 4 Jul 2017 can be found online at www.egazette.com.sg. The affected private properties are listed as follows:
||Lot No||Area in sqm||Extent of
||19 Murai Farmway|
||21 Murai Farmway|
||2 Murai Farmway|
||17 Murai Farmway|
8. Should you require additional information, you may also call the following hotlines:
i. For matters pertaining to the expansion of Tengah Air Base
Ministry of National Development: 6222 1211
ii. On land acquisition matters
Singapore Land Authority (SLA): 1800 323 9829