RAFFLES COUNTRY CLUB SITE IDENTIFIED FOR THE KUALA LUMPUR-SINGAPORE HIGH SPEED RAIL, CROSS ISLAND MRT LINE’S WESTERN DEPOT AND OTHER TRANSPORT RELATED NEEDS
Home > Articles > Highlights > 2017 > RAFFLES COUNTRY CLUB SITE IDENTIFIED FOR THE KUALA LUMPUR-SINGAPORE HIGH SPEED RAIL, CROSS ISLAND MRT LINE’S WESTERN DEPOT AND OTHER TRANSPORT RELATED NEEDS
1. The Singapore Government announced today that facilities for the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High Speed Rail (HSR), the Cross Island Line (CRL)’s western depot and other transport related needs, will be located at the current site of Raffles Country Club (RCC).
2. The Singapore and Malaysia Governments are working towards commencing HSR operations by 31 December 2026. Most recently, at the Singapore-Malaysia Leaders’ Retreat on 13 December 2016, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and Prime Minister Dato’ Sri Mohd Najib Tun Abdul Razak agreed that the HSR will cross the Straits of Johor via a bridge.
3. The RCC site is the most suitable location to run the at-grade HSR tracks immediately after the bridge crossing, and to place the tunnel portal leading to the underground tunnels that would take the HSR to the Jurong East terminus. The site will also be used for required HSR crossover tracks and a HSR siding facility to temporarily house a train near the border for safety or operational reasons, if necessary.
4. The RCC site is also required for the CRL’s western depot for stabling and maintenance facilities, as well as other transport related needs, which may include train testing facilities. Further details of the projects will be given after detailed feasibility and engineering studies.
5. The Singapore Land Authority (SLA) has gazetted the acquisition of the land occupied by RCC today. SLA will work closely with the management of RCC and assist the club throughout the acquisition process.
6. The notification of the land affected by the acquisition has been published in the Gazette on 4 Jan 2017. The Gazette Notification No. 14 dated 21 Nov 2016 may be found online at www.egazette.com.sg. The affected private property is listed as follows:
|Mukim||Lot No||Area in sqm||Extent of
|Relevant Street Address|
|7||4408A||1,428,547.3||Full||450 Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim|
8. Should you require additional information, you may also call the following hotlines:
i. For matters pertaining to the land transport projects
Land Transport Authority (LTA): 1800 225 5582
ii. On land acquisition matters