- About SLA
- Join Us
- Contact Us
EXTENSION OF WOODLANDS CHECKPOINT AT THE OLD WOODLANDS TOWN CENTRE
Home > Articles > Highlights > 2017 > EXTENSION OF WOODLANDS CHECKPOINT AT THE OLD WOODLANDS TOWN CENTRE
1. The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) announced today that an extension of the Woodlands Checkpoint (WCP) will be built at the Old Woodlands Town Centre (OWTC), as part of its efforts to upgrade the WCP.
2. The ICA regularly reviews its checkpoint processes and infrastructure. Since the opening of WCP in 1999, traveller and vehicle volumes through WCP have been increasing over the years while the security threat has heightened significantly. The WCP has to be upgraded to meet growing traffic needs and ensure that immigration clearance remains secure. ICA is conducting a feasibility study to determine the optimal design of the WCP extension and the full extent of upgrading and redevelopment works required.
3. The OWTC site will enable upgrading works to be progressively carried out at the existing WCP without compromising checkpoint operations. It will eventually become an extension of WCP to increase overall clearance capacity and to enhance security.
4. Two lots of private land within the OWTC, located immediately east of the current WCP, will need to be acquired to build the extension of WCP.
5. The Singapore Land Authority (SLA) has gazetted the acquisition of the affected land today. SLA will work closely with the affected owners and tenants, and assist them throughout the acquisition process.
6. The notification of the land affected by the acquisition has been published in the Gazette on 30 Mar 2017. The Gazette Notification No. 771 dated 10 Mar 2017 can be found online at www.egazette.com.sg. The affected private property is listed as follows:
||Area in sqm||Extent of
|Relevant Street Address|
||270 Woodlands Centre Road|
||268 Woodlands Centre Road|
8. Should you require additional information, you may also call the following hotlines:
i. For matters pertaining to the extension of Woodlands Checkpoint
Immigration & Checkpoints Authority: 6391 6100
ii. On land acquisition matters
Singapore Land Authority (SLA): 1800 323 9829