- The former Costa Sands Resort (East Coast) will re-open its doors to the public on 19 January 2006 under a proposed name, the East Coast Resort. The East Coast Resort is now managed by the Singapore Land Authority (SLA), after the former Costa Sands Resort (East Coast) owned by Resort Concept Pte Ltd was returned to the State when its 30-year lease expired on 11 January 2006.
- SLA decided to open the resort to the public during the period the tender/auction of the site for future interim uses, which may include holiday chalets, is being prepared and evaluated. The tender/auction is scheduled for the first half of this year.
- "The preparation for and evaluation of tender for interim use of a State property could take up to six months. We decided that rather than leaving the resort vacant for several months during the preparation and evaluation period, we should re-open the resort. By doing this we also hope to meet the public's demand for holiday chalets at the East Coast Park," said an SLA spokesperson.
- SLA has appointed United PREMAS Limited as its managing agent to oversee the daily management and operation of the resort which consists of 197 chalets. 73 of them are duplex units and 124 are premier units.
- Besides the air-conditioned chalets that are available, the resort also has amenities which include a swimming pool, barbecue pits, and conference rooms.
- With effect from 18 January, the public can make a booking at Tel: 6445 0267 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Bookings can also be made at the resort's reception counter.
- The rates for the chalets are:
- $100 per night on weekday (Sunday to Thursday, excluding Public / School Holidays & Eve of Public Holidays)
- $135 per night on weekend (Friday to Saturday, Public / School Holidays & Eve of Public Holidays)
- $115 per night on weekday (Sunday to Thursday, excluding Public / School Holidays & Eve of Public Holidays)
- $175 per night on weekend (Friday to Saturday, Public / School Holidays & Eve of Public Holidays)
Singapore Land Authority
17 January 2006